Find the answer to your Linux question:
I am having trouble getting Microsoft fonts on LibreOfficer Writer. I downloaded msttcorefonts and ran sudo apt-get install msttcorefonts into the terminal and I get: Problem with MergeList /var/lib/apt/lists/security.ubuntu.com_ubuntu_dists_oneiric-security_main_i18n_Translation-en I ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Microsoft fonts on LibreOffice Writer

I am having trouble getting Microsoft fonts on LibreOfficer Writer. I downloaded msttcorefonts and ran sudo apt-get install msttcorefonts into the terminal and I get: Problem with MergeList /var/lib/apt/lists/security.ubuntu.com_ubuntu_dists_oneiric-security_main_i18n_Translation-en
    I am not sure what to do next...

Any suggestions?

If Ubuntu still has Nautilus, founts can be added using
    Code:
    gksu Nautilus
    and copying and pasting the files into the founts directory.

Founts can also be added using the terminal. Since Ubuntu is based on Debian, founts should be in /usr/share/fonts.Ubuntu may be different, but with Debian, founts must be put into their own sub-directory (folder) and placed alongside the existing folders in /usr/share/fonts. If the new founts are still inaccessible, the permissions probably need to be changed.

If you need more in depth information, this link is to an installation how-to I posted on the Debian forum.
    http://http://forums.debian.net/view...p?f=16&t=73298

Just Joined!
    Ok, so when I got in to usr/share/fonts I see that their is a folder for the MS fonts. So I think that is good.... But they still won't show up in Libre. Do I have to drag and drop the MS fonts folder to somewhere in Libre?

Files in /usr/share/fonts should be available system-wide. There should be no need to do anything with LibreOffice, unless it is radically different from OpenOffice, which is unlikely.

First; did you add your founts to the MS directory or into /usr/share/fonts in their own folder? As mentioned before, with Debian the new founts are simply added as a new folder. Ubuntu works the same way, unless it has been changed in the last year.
    If Ubuntu has a directory specifically for Microsoft founts and you want to try using it, new files should probably be added directly to that folder (not in a folder of their own).

Second; check the permissions. Since the founts are being added as root, the permissions may be set with only root access. If so, change the permissions to match the other founts.