Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hi all, i need some help related to How to mount a dir from Linux machine (running nfs) to a windows7 machine (running cygwin)?? detail: i have a Linux machine ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Question Mount linux dir (running nfs ) to a windows 7 machine (running cygwin)

Hi all,
    i need some help related to How to mount a dir from Linux machine (running nfs) to a windows7 machine (running cygwin)??
    detail: i have a Linux machine on which nfs service is running for /root/nfs_share folder. now i want to mount this folder to cygwin which is running on windows 7 machine.
    what i have done: On windows 7 machine , i have started the client of nfs service, and after that i have mapped the V:/ dir of windows machine to linux machine /root/nfs_share dir... this is working when i login to win machine , i can see two dir under /cygdrive as c & v .. but when i ssh to this windows machine (using cygwin sshd ) .. i could see only c drive under /cygdrive ....strange ???
    Problem : i want to mount /root/nfs_share (which is on linux) folder to cygwin /root/nfs_share .. please help me guys
    Last edited by tanuj; 03-22-2012 at 05:38 AM.

Linux Newbie
    This works best with Samba. Create the share on the Windows machine if you want to connect to that and on the Linux machine where you want to connect to. There are tons of walk-throughs, but if you can't find one, let me know and I will walk you through.

I can be found either 40 miles west of Chicago, in Chicago, or in a galaxy far, far away.
    In order to mount a Linux/Unix NFS share on Windows, you need to install the Windows SFU (Services For Unix). That includes both client and server NFS tools. As far as I know, this is a free install that you can find on the Microsoft web site.
    Sometimes, real fast is almost as good as real time.
    Just remember, Semper Gumbi - always be flexible!