Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hi! I had interruption in energy supply in my server, that base on Arch Linux. After that, there was kernel panic during fsck. I turned out checking, and checked using ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Restoring data on arch server after energy supply interruption

Hi! I had interruption in energy supply in my server, that base on Arch Linux.
    After that, there was kernel panic during fsck. I turned out checking, and checked using live-cd. After that i had simply problem: Mysqld throws kernel panic when starts. There are some errors in data in /usr/lib/mysql or something like that (where mysql stores data). Shame on my. I don't have fresh backup, and I would like to rescue this data.
    I think about reinstall mysql (and keep old data in /var/lib/mysql) to be sure where is the problem, in mysql or its data. I would like to hear some suggestions what to do with that. Maybe do you know some good tool? Maybe mysqld makes some copies, duplicate data internally?
    Thanks for all replies

EDIT: I'm not even able to copy /var/lib/mysql. It ends with kernel panic. I triedto do that after full check of all partitions with fsck.

try booting from a live CD and taking a copy that way ... which applications are using mysql on your system ?