Find the answer to your Linux question:
Could someone help me open these ARM linux images? They don't seem to be compressed with the usual g-zip. RootFS mediafire.com/?hu42hanu7109djq]rootfs UImage mediafire.com/?cw4k4b2qxmcicd4...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Extract Linux Uimage/rootfs

Could someone help me open these ARM linux images? They don't seem to be compressed with the usual g-zip.

RootFS
    mediafire.com/?hu42hanu7109djq]rootfs

UImage
    mediafire.com/?cw4k4b2qxmcicd4

Trusted Penguin
    The uImage file is probably just a binary kernel, (and endianness could be big or little).

The RootFS might just be a image file, but formatted with a filesystem that you need to know, in order to mount it, e.g.:

Code:
    mount -t cramfs -o loop rootfs /mnt
    I'm not saying it is a cramfs filesystem, that is just a common one, with embedded Linux devices. actually, even more common nowadays is jffs2. you'd need the right tools/libs installed to be able to muck with that file.

Your best bet is to use the dev tools / environ that are provided by the vendor of the device for which these files were originally created.

Just Joined!
    Well its an embedded system but turns out they're encrypted with a 128bit key stored in the OTP section of the chip so I wont be getting in to them any time soon!
    Thanks for your help though.

Just Joined!
    Had another look at the rootfs and binwalk comes back with:

1707175 0x1A0CA7 Windows CE RTOS
    7839098 0x779D7A gzip compressed data, has comment, comment, encrypted, last modified: Wed Oct 14 21:20:02 2026

is there anyway I can open this?