Find the answer to your Linux question:
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Congratulations on getting this that far. As an afterthougth, could you please explain what you did to get rid of the problem If you get segmentation fault, this will be ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Linux User

Congratulations on getting this that far. As an afterthougth, could you please explain what you did to get rid of the problem

If you get segmentation fault, this will be probably because of a bug in the software or configuration.

To add a program to the path means to put it (or better place a link to in) in of the directories listed in the PATH variable, type:
    Code:
    echo $PATH
    to learn those directories.
    "I don't know what I'm running from
    And I don't know where I'm running to
    There's something deep and strange inside of me I see"

Linux User
    By the way, why won't you just use audacity that comes prepackaged with your distro? It should work smoothly and be easy to install.
    "I don't know what I'm running from
    And I don't know where I'm running to
    There's something deep and strange inside of me I see"

I added usr/local/bin to the ld something conf file. After that i ran a ldconfig and started probing audacity on a terminal. After specifying the language and the temporary folder, the segmentation fault come up on the terminal and the app closed. I am going to try finding and installing the one that comes with my distro, THANKS FOR THE TIP DUDE!!

I am now downloading mandrake 10.1 cause i am kinda bored of trying to get this 9.1 stabled up. Anyways i will try some more before i upgrade myself, cause i've never installed linux from files on a hard drive, only by putting in the cds. :o

Linux Engineer
    We know you can do it Sheds :P
    merry christmas to you, I know you've been trying to reach me via Amsn, we're on a different time zone I think
    \"Meditative mind\'s is like a vast ocean... whatever strikes the surface, the bottom stays calm\" - Dalai Lama
    \"Competition ultimatly comes down to one thing... a loser and a winner.\" - Ugo Deschamps

They cannot be that different since i live in Costa Rica, maybe 3 to 4 hours tops difference. Either way, i didn't find anything regarding that mistake i got from segmentation. It said that it was an error on the app itself. I guess right? At this point you can tell me that gravity affects audacity, and i would believe you.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2