Find the answer to your Linux question:
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Ok here is some info snapshots: hxxp://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/38/shot00005ol.png/ hxxp://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/215/shot00008l.png/...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Ok here is some info snapshots:
    hxxp://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/38/shot00005ol.png/
    hxxp://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/215/shot00008l.png/

Just Joined!

some images..
    oops srr double post

Trusted Penguin
    Quote Originally Posted by LTStone View Post

some images..
    oops srr double post
    okay, this is the relevant portion of /proc/mounts:

Code:
    /dev/mmcblk0p1 /mnt/sd vfat rw,noatime,fmask=0022,dmask=002,codepage=cp437,iocharset=utf8 0 0
    it says that the first partition (p1) of your SD/Flash drive (mmcblk0) has been mounted with the FAT (vfat) filesystem to the directory (a.k.a. mount point) /mnt/sd.

Normally, I would say you can simply edit /etc/fstab, to add the mounting options you desire. However, I do not see any enties for the mmcblk0p1 device in /etc/fstab (unless it is /dev/root). To confirm, that show the output of this command:

Code:
    ls -l /dev/root
    something somewhere is mounting /mnt/sd. do you know what it is?

if it was /etc/fstab, an entry for it would look something like this, to give you an idea:

Code:
    /dev/mmcblk0p1 /mnt/sd vfat rw,noatime,fmask=0022,dmask=002,codepage=cp437,iocharset=utf8,check=r 0 0
    but we don't know what is mounting it yet, so don't put that in /etc/fstab or your system might not boot. first post what is mounting that directory.

Hint: if you don't know, try this command:
    Code:
    find / -type f -exec grep -H /mnt/sd {} \;

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    Just Joined!
    /dev/mtab:/dev/mmcblk0p1 /mnt/sd vfat iocharset=utf8,noatime,async 0 0/dev/mtab:/dev/mmcblk0p1 /mnt/sd vfat iocharset=utf8,noatime,async 0 0
    /lib/libtcpmp.so:/mnt/sdlib/libtcpmp.so:/mnt/sd

Trusted Penguin
    /dev/mtab:/dev/mmcblk0p1 /mnt/sd vfat iocharset=utf8,noatime,async 0 0
    /dev/mtab:/dev/mmcblk0p1 /mnt/sd vfat iocharset=utf8,noatime,async 0 0
    /lib/libtcpmp.so:/mnt/sdlib/libtcpmp.so:/mnt/sd
    I'm not familiar with an mtab file in /dev, it's usually in /etc. The file in /dev is read-only, I would expect. So I'm not sure what doing that mount to /mnt/sd. I am guessing it is something lurking somewhere in /etc/. What is the OS and hardware?

You can try a manual test: first unmount the directory, then (if the unmount was successful) mount it with the desired mount options:

Code:
    umount /mnt/sd && mount /dev/mmcblk0p1 /mnt/sd -t vfat -o rw,sync,noatime,check=r
    then try saving a game to file in your DOS Box game, etc.

Just Joined!
    YES! That worked, I input that code from nand(internal memory) through a terminal then started the game from the sd card, started a new character and it saved and restored fine. Now to find a way to make a script so I don't have to use the terminal in nand...

I just want to say thanks for the help, you have given me so far and I'm learning new stuff as well..

The device I am using is called the GP2X Wiz, it has 1 gig internal memory and I use a 32 gig sd card, actually here is the wiki:
    hxxp://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/GP2X_Wiz
    It plays games, has apps like pdf viewer, ebook, music, video , web browser(netsurf) etc. I love it

Just Joined!
    here's the startup file for the game its called martian.gpe:

#! /bin/sh

./pollux_set 'lcd_timings=397,1,37,277,341,0,17,337;dpc_clkdiv0 =9;cpuclk=700;ram_timings=2,9,4,1,1,1,1'
    DIRROOT=/mnt/sd/game/Dosbox
    DIRGAME=${DIRROOT}/martian
    ${DIRROOT}/dosbox -conf ${DIRGAME}/dosbox.conf
    cd /usr/gp2x/
    ./gp2xmenu

not sure if this can help us but I thought I'd post it..

Trusted Penguin
    YES! That worked, I input that code from nand(internal memory) through a terminal then started the game from the sd card, started a new character and it saved and restored fine. Now to find a way to make a script so I don't have to use the terminal in nand...
    you could write a simple bash script containing the exact command I gave in my previous post, say called "remount-sd.sh", possibly make it executable ("chmod +x remount-sd.sh") if the GP2X Wiz requires it, then have it called by some startup script that you identify (may "martian.gpe") by just adding the full path to it on a new line at the end of that script. make sure there is a way to recover from boot failures, etc., before you try something like that, though.

I just want to say thanks for the help, you have given me so far and I'm learning new stuff as well..
    you're welcome, and learning=power!

The device I am using is called the GP2X Wiz, it has 1 gig internal memory and I use a 32 gig sd card, actually here is the wiki:
    hxxp://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/GP2X_Wiz
    It plays games, has apps like pdf viewer, ebook, music, video , web browser(netsurf) etc. I love it
    seems like a pretty cool gizmo. sweet that you can use DOS Box to run non-native games on it. Just curious, have you tried to run arcade game ROMS via M.A.M.E. on it?

Trusted Penguin
    here's the startup file for the game its called martian.gpe:

#! /bin/sh

./pollux_set 'lcd_timings=397,1,37,277,341,0,17,337;dpc_clkdiv0 =9;cpuclk=700;ram_timings=2,9,4,1,1,1,1'
    DIRROOT=/mnt/sd/game/Dosbox
    DIRGAME=${DIRROOT}/martian
    ${DIRROOT}/dosbox -conf ${DIRGAME}/dosbox.conf
    cd /usr/gp2x/
    ./gp2xmenu

not sure if this can help us but I thought I'd post it..
    okay, i take back what i said in my previous post about using martian.gpe - this is not a system startup script, it is a game launcher. it would still work, but you'd be remounting the partition every time you run the game. what you really want is only run it once, at system boot. i'll poke around the GP2X docs and see if I can find anything...in the mean time, can you show what is in your /etc dir? e.g.:

Code:
    ls -l /etc/
    Edit: I found a listing of the GP2X Wiz filesystem (don't know how reliable it is):

http://www.distant-earth.com/gp2x_wi...rootfslist.txt

You can try putting the umount/mount commands in this file:

/etc/rc.d/rc.local

Commands in this file get read and executed after all other system initialization is finished and all other services have been started. Previous warnings about recovering from failed boots still apply...
    Last edited by atreyu; 08-16-2012 at 02:53 PM. Reason: filesystem details

Just Joined!
    Yep, I have mame, The Wiz will pretty much play playstation 1 and down, Amiga, Commodore 64, GB,GBA, GBC, NeoGeo, snes,nes zx spectrum....

here ya go
    ls -1 /etc

devpts
    dialogrc
    DIR_COLORS.new
    file
    fonts
    fstab
    group
    host.conf
    HOSTNAME
    hosts