Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hi everyone! I would really like to change my trash name, but I don't know where to start searching for the right file to edit. I mean, I can manually ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.

Edit trash name

Hi everyone! I would really like to change my trash name, but I don't know where to start searching for the right file to edit. I mean, I can manually rename (for example) its icon on the desktop, but I want to permanently change its name so that everywhere trash should be read, there will be the new name instead.

Is it even possible? I mean... there must be a pointer to the name instead of exactly "trash" reported in some places (like applets, shortcuts on nautilus...), so that if you change the system language the equivalent in the new one is shown... is it like this? If it is, where the general name is located? I did some search to no avail... someone else asked that in linuxquestions, but said he managed to find out himself without posting the actual solution...

I am not sure if it is possible but I would think it is. On one of my servers that was running Ubuntu it was called "Rubbish Bin" and I think it was using the English (UK). I had the same Ubuntu on my home computer and it was "Trash" and the language was English (US).

Indeed, on my system, Ubuntu using English UK, the trash is called a Rubbish Bin. Where that difference is defined I don't know but it does suggest that it is changeable.

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close