Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hi, I have a bash shell script that runs several processes in the back ground. It does not return to the UNIX prompt when these processes are completed. I am ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Unix prompt

Hi,

I have a bash shell script that runs several processes in the back ground. It does not return to the UNIX prompt when these processes are completed. I am looking for a command(s) that can be executed from the script that returns the UNIX prompt.

Please help. Thx

Linux Engineer
    When launching the command or script, just type & at the end of the line. That will return you to the shell as normal. Very useful for launching gui tools from the command line, etc.

Just Joined!

Unix prompt

Quote Originally Posted by mizzle View Post
    When launching the command or script, just type & at the end of the line. That will return you to the shell as normal. Very useful for launching gui tools from the command line, etc.

The script is running several processes in the background. The script contains commands that runs several other processes in the background. Running the script itself with the & does not return the unix prompt. Is there away it can return the prompt when all the processes started my the script are completed.? Thx.

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close