Find the answer to your Linux question:
I've a Samsung XE550C22 Chromebook, 4GB RAM. Here is what I'd like to do. All of this would be installed to a 64GB SD card. 1. Install a lean version ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Is this worth it? 867 processor with x86 emu running wine for WoW

I've a Samsung XE550C22 Chromebook, 4GB RAM. Here is what I'd like to do. All of this would be installed to a 64GB SD card.

1. Install a lean version of Linux for the 867 processor onto the SD card in the Chromebook.
    2. Install an x86 emulator on that distribution that will boot an x86 Linux distribution with X11.
    3. Use Wine (requires the x86 processor) to run World of Warcraft.

From what I've been reading each step is doable individually, but setting all this up is quite a bit of work (which I am capable of doing). I'm just looking for opinions on if it's all worth it, or if with all these layers, WoW would be too slow to be playable. It would be nice to use this cheap $250 computer to play WoW.

Just Joined!
    I could be mistaken, and will probably quickly be corrected if so. I think I read something about getting banned if you use wine on diablo or wow. Unless you are connecting to a privately hosted box

Just Joined!
    Quote Originally Posted by Pimpntel View Post
    I could be mistaken, and will probably quickly be corrected if so. I think I read something about getting banned if you use wine on diablo or wow. Unless you are connecting to a privately hosted box
    No, I found a thread on the wow forums that said it was fine to use WoW with wine, without violating TOS.

us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/6606360931