Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hi Guys, I'm trying to VNC from my Xubuntu 12.10 machines into my MacBook Pro Retina (OS v10.8.3). When I connect, I only see a micro portion of the screen ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

VNC to MacBook Pro Retina from Linux

Hi Guys,

I'm trying to VNC from my Xubuntu 12.10 machines into my MacBook Pro Retina (OS v10.8.3). When I connect, I only see a micro portion of the screen and can't get it to refresh or resize. I've tried 2 different VNC servers on the Mac (the built in and Vine) with exactly the same results. I think the problem is with the Linux VNC client (Vinagre). Has anyone connected a Linux box to a Mac retina display and, if so, what did you use?

Thanks for any suggestions....

I can be found either 40 miles west of Chicago, in Chicago, or in a galaxy far, far away.
    I think you are correct in that the problem is likely the client. Try something else, such as OpenVNC.
    Sometimes, real fast is almost as good as real time.
    Just remember, Semper Gumbi - always be flexible!

I've only gone the other direction Mac->Linux that's easy since Mac's have an X-termial. Going the other way I've only used ssh. Mac's have BSD buried way down, but change so much especially when it comes to video.