Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hi everyone, My son has access to my laptop and ended up changing my logon password on my Vista and now he has forgotten it. I have latest Knoppix 7.0 ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

System Manager

Hi everyone,
    My son has access to my laptop and ended up changing my logon password on my Vista and now he has forgotten it. I have latest Knoppix 7.0 Live CD and googled instructions on how to fix this. Most instructions I've found are using earlier versions and am getting little confused. Can anyone help point me to more current instructions or should I download an earlier version of Knoppix. I am using Knoppix 7.0 Live CD.
    Many thanks for any help.

Linux Guru
    What exactly have you tried and what was the result? There are numerous tutorials on the subject of using Knoppix to recover a windows password or change it, some good some not so good. I don't think there will be much difference in earlier/later versions and the software 'chntpw' is what is used. Take a look at the link below for more details. Ignore the first section about Ubuntu and go directly to Method 2. It refers to systemrescuecd but the software should be available on Knoppix. I haven't had to use this myself so...

How To Crack, Hack or Remove Windows Passwords | TheDailyBuggle
    If there are parts you do not understand, post back.

I can be found either 40 miles west of Chicago, in Chicago, or in a galaxy far, far away.
    There are tools to change/reset a Windows password. This article may help: Change Your Forgotten Windows Password with the Linux System Rescue CD
    Sometimes, real fast is almost as good as real time.
    Just remember, Semper Gumbi - always be flexible!

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close