Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hi, I have just installed Awstats (in sles9.1) and my awstats is not updating. I get this at the top of the page. Last Update: Never updated (See 'Build/Update' on ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

awstats

Hi,

I have just installed Awstats (in sles9.1) and my awstats is not updating. I get this at the top of the page.

Last Update: Never updated (See 'Build/Update' on awstats_setup.html page)

should i wait for 24 hours for the log to get updated ? or should i run cron or anything to get the logs updated ?

Awstats uses a cronjob to update the statisticspage. I run it every 30 minutes.
    I\'m so tired .....

Just Joined!
    Can you give me the cron script so i can also run it every 30 mins.

If i click on Update now' near never updated i get this error :

Error: Couldn't open server log file "/var/log/httpd/awstats.log" : No such file or directory

Setup ('/etc/awstats/awstats.conf' file, web server or permissions) may be wrong.
    See AWStats documentation in 'docs' directory for informations on how to setup awstats.

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    Code:
    #!/bin/sh
    /path/to/awstats.pl -config=<your-config-name> -update
    When putting this to cron, the statistics will be updated on fixed intervals. You can do it dynamicly, but the user the webserver runs under will need write rights on the dir the files are created in.

I prefer the cron method as root, because that way you could protect the dir the files are created in for writing done by the webserver user.

The error means awstats can't find your webserver logfiles. Maybe you should read the documentation which was provided with your awstats first. My guess is that wou will need to (re)configure your awstats installation.
    I\'m so tired .....