Find the answer to your Linux question:
Ok Linux Newbie here, I have Redhat9 dual booting with Win Me. I have the Linux doing the things I'd like Mail, Web Browsing, Instant Messaging (Gaim), xxms for some ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Printing Problems with my RH9

Ok Linux Newbie here, I have Redhat9 dual booting with Win Me. I have the Linux doing the things I'd like Mail, Web Browsing, Instant Messaging (Gaim), xxms for some mp3, but I have had problems trying to Print.
    I have a Lexmark Z11 on Paralell Port, it seemed to Install Ok and acts like it sent a job, but then nothing.
    So I am reading Foomatic from a users point of view, and I try the gs -h and the available devices does not list the lz11, it recommends downloading esp ghost script, so I download gs 7.05.6-0i386 when it check packages it says it needs libij.so, it is required by Gimp Print.
    where can I find this and what to do if I do find it. Thanks for any help.

Linux Guru
    Are you sure that that was libij.so? Even google didn't find a single hit about it.

Just Joined!
    I apologize the package was libijs.so ( this Printing thing is kicking my butt.) a million thing to read, and then understand. seem very complicated. it is the only thing that keeps me dual booting. need to print. will keep reading and trying and post more later. thanks again
    mrb

[/img]

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    Linux Guru
    Seems strange. libijs.so seems to be provided by the ghostscript package. How exactly were you trying to install it (from RPM, from source, etc.)?

Just Joined!
    Hello, I got a RPM(ESP GhostScripts 7.05.6-0i386rpm, when I found it in the file it was Downloaded to, Clicked on it, when it check for dependencies it came up with libijs.so not found so it did not install. today is a new day I will try, try again. mrb

Just Joined!
    Hey, I Downloaded a lz11.tar.gz extracted it and then I not sure what I did to the (lz11.install) but it gave me options to install drivers which I pick an option like new not old one.
    It said it did this ok and compiled this ok.
    Well went to printer and printed a Cups Test Page in Color.
    It is Beautiful.
    I don't know what I did but I wish I had been writing it down.
    sorry about the sloppiness of my posts, still running with Training Wheels. mrb p.s it is encouraging to see the help/assistance you all provided,(big hearted)

Just Joined!
    Not sure if this is the same problem, but I also have just installed rh9 and after i set up the printers and test print (which works fine) they then dissappear. If you open the print manager it then says "no printers installed...'

Is this the same problem.
    Regards

Linux Guru
    No, it's most certainly not. I'm not sure what problem it is, though. I actually don't know that much about printing. Printing is one of those things that hasn't really interested me for some reason. I should check it out some day, but for now, I have more important stuff to do.