Find the answer to your Linux question:
In my Mint 15 installation, during updates, I usually get the error: Waited for dpkg --assert-multi:arch but it wasn't there, as noted in the attached image. Is that something to ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Update Error - Mint

In my Mint 15 installation, during updates, I usually get the error: Waited for dpkg --assert-multi:arch but it wasn't there, as noted in the attached image. Is that something to be concerned about, or can it just be ignored?
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by okbud; 03-03-2014 at 04:35 PM.

Just Joined!
    In my Mint 15 installation, during updates, I usually get the error:
    When you say "usually" do you mean everytime, often, intermitently, or does it no longer occur? If it occurs often, then it may be a cause for concern. I'm not up to speed on Mint Linux but I had a similar problem with Ubuntu Update Manager in which dpkg refused to work. In the end it turned out to be a HD failure and I ended up having to buy a new one. You might find more information in /var/log/syslog or /var/log/dmesg. Just don't panic at the number of "error" messages. most are pretty much meaningless.

Try openning a terminal and enter tail -f /var/log/syslog. Then, whilst that is running, start your update manager. If you want to be really sure about the consequencs of an update, do this the next time your update manager tells you that there are updates to install.

Then post the results. By the way, the image file you supplied was so small I could barely read it. Instead, try to copy and paste the text in the terminal. When you paste it in the post, wrap it in code tags (i.e. mark the text and click the # icon.
    Code:
    it will then appear like this
    which is a lot easier to read.
    Last edited by achim_59; 03-04-2014 at 07:19 PM. Reason: correction of information