Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hi My Dad has linux on his PC. He is able to live stream, watch Youtube videos but the RTE Player will not show up for him. He would use ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

RTE Player Won't Work in Linux

Hi
    My Dad has linux on his PC. He is able to live stream, watch Youtube videos but the RTE Player will not show up for him. He would use Player a lot so I want to try and fix it for him.
    In Firefox when you click on a video in the RTE Player there is nothing where the box it suppose to be so you can play it. In Chrome it just crashes every time saying something about low memory. I have yet to try Internet Explorer.

I can be found either 40 miles west of Chicago, in Chicago, or in a galaxy far, far away.
    Where does your father live? It is likely that RTE (a european video streaming service) doesn't support connections from outside their area. A VPN may work.
    Sometimes, real fast is almost as good as real time.
    Just remember, Semper Gumbi - always be flexible!

Just Joined!
    That can't be it as the RTE Player works on my sisters laptops (Windows).

Are other Flash videos working. The articles I'm see say the two issues go hand in hand.

Just Joined!
    I've no idea, I'm completely new to Linux. All I know is Youtube videos work and Live Streaming works.