Find the answer to your Linux question:
As some of you may know, Brendan Eich stepped down as CEO of Mozilla because he apparently donated money to an anti gay-marriage organisation or whatever, a long time back. ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Linux User

Mozilla's CEO steps down

As some of you may know, Brendan Eich stepped down as CEO of Mozilla because he apparently donated money to an anti gay-marriage organisation or whatever, a long time back.

I find this pretty crappy. What do you guys think?

Linux Engineer
    I don't care about the political reasons, but I'm glad there is a C-level shake up at Mozilla. They have been going down the wrong path IMO for the last several years. Just look at their market share in the web browser game, their vaporware smart phone OS, and their non-presence on mobile.

My only thing is it was nice to see a techie up at the Executive level. I worked in the corporate world for a long time and their mentality of "if some is a good manager they can manage anything" leads to a lot of non-tech's managing tech departments, divisions, and companies. The rest I have no comment on.

fsck bigots and racists and the horse they rode in on.
    fsck nepotism and the horse they rode in on also.
    Linux Registered User # 475019
    Lead,Follow, or get the heck out of the way. I Have a Masters in Raising Hell
    Tech Books
    Free Linux Books
    Newbie Guide
    Courses at Home

Rocky I know you prefer scooters, but I would keep the horses.
    Registered Linux user #526930

The Left tolerates all opinions as long as they're the same ones that they have. I think it's really sad that the guy was forced out because 6 years ago he donated some money to a cause that he believed in which was the same believes as Obama and H. Clinton had at the time. I don't see people calling for them to step down even though they've done plenty to deserve it over the last few years.
    I'm a Right Wing, Constitutional, Libertarian, Conservative and damn proud of it.
    "Now, what y'all wanna do?
    Wanna be hackers? Code crackers? Slackers
    Wastin' time with all the chatroom yakkers?
    9 to 5, chillin' at Hewlett Packard?"

Linux Engineer
    I would have guessed a libertarian would be all for the right of someone to call for anothers resignation, or do I read too much into the liberty part?

Quote Originally Posted by gregm View Post
    I would have guessed a libertarian would be all for the right of someone to call for anothers resignation, or do I read too much into the liberty part?
    If a person had done something WRONG then sure but in this case, Nope, was just bullying by the Left to force out someone who didn't have the same opinion as they did. Being a Libertarian means you Tolerate Everyone's believes, not just those you agree with.
    "Now, what y'all wanna do?
    Wanna be hackers? Code crackers? Slackers
    Wastin' time with all the chatroom yakkers?
    9 to 5, chillin' at Hewlett Packard?"