Find the answer to your Linux question:
Results 1 to 4 of 4
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
  1. #1

    Encoding mess after upgrade to MariaDB

    Hi guys,

    I am using small SYnology NAS with Coppermine Photo Gallery. With last update they moved to MariaDB, which upgrade automatically during install the mysql tables. After upgrade i got now messed tables - collation UTF-8 with stored inside CP1251 cyrillic text. Tryed some online convertors without luck and iconv tool too. Any idea what more to try ?screen_cpg132.jpg

  2. #2
    Linux Engineer docbop's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Woodshed, CA
    You have old mysqldumps from this DB? I would create test DB and load one of your old dumps and see how that works. Of course if Coppermine changed schema the issues might of come from their importing.
    A lion does not lose sleep, over the opinion of sheep.

  3. #3
    Nope, have only actual messed dump of the database Coppermine didn't changed anything. The problem started after mysql to MariaDB migration with new Synology firmware.
    It is strange, because just for example - if i google the string "Хургада", there is lot of pages with wrong encoding, and when i change web page enconding from Western to Cyrillic i can read it. But when try conversion got other mess.

  4. $spacer_open
  5. #4
    Linux Guru
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Victoria, B.C. Canada

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts