Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hello! There is a problem with apcaccess: I have a PC and a Raspberry pi. On both is Linux with apcupsd V 3.14.12 and to each machine is one UPS ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

apcaccess error/question

Hello!

There is a problem with apcaccess:
    I have a PC and a Raspberry pi. On both is Linux with apcupsd V 3.14.12 and to each machine is one UPS connected.
    If I type 'apcaccess status' in my PC, i get the status and if I type 'apcaccess status 192.168.150.80' (It is the IP from my PI) I get the Status from the UPS that is connected to the PI. So the config is fine on both machines. BUT if I type 'apcaccess status' at my PI, this returns:

Code:
    Usage: apcaccess [-f <config-file>] [-h <host>[:<port>]] [-p <parameter-name>] [-u] [<command>] [<host>[:<port>]]

-f  Load default host,port from given conf file (default: /etc/apcupsd/apcupsd.conf)
     -h  Connect to host and port (supercedes conf file)
     -p  Return only the value of the named parameter rather than all parameters and values
     -u  Strip unit labels

Supported commands: 'status' (default)
    Trailing host/port spec overrides -h and conf file.
    Also if I type other parameters like 'status 192.168.30.36' (the IP from my PC), '-h 192.168.30.36:3551' or something else, always the Usagemessage is returned.

Could somebody help me? Thanks!!

Finn

I can be found either 40 miles west of Chicago, in Chicago, or in a galaxy far, far away.
    I assume your PC is an x86, and the Pi is ARM. So, it may be that the code for the Pi is not the same. Get the source and build it directly on the Pi.
    Sometimes, real fast is almost as good as real time.
    Just remember, Semper Gumbi - always be flexible!

Just Joined!
    Quote Originally Posted by Rubberman View Post
    I assume your PC is an x86, and the Pi is ARM. So, it may be that the code for the Pi is not the same. Get the source and build it directly on the Pi.
    I did this, because the Version i get with apt-get is 3.14.10, so i does not support modbus, but I need it. So it is the same sourcecode but different behavior, whats wrong there??

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    I can be found either 40 miles west of Chicago, in Chicago, or in a galaxy far, far away.
    Quote Originally Posted by scooter757 View Post
    I did this, because the Version i get with apt-get is 3.14.10, so i does not support modbus, but I need it. So it is the same sourcecode but different behavior, whats wrong there??
    It has to be something in how it is handling the command line options. I would need to look at the code for 3.14.12 in order to say. Please point me to where you got the source tarball, or the git repository for it.
    Sometimes, real fast is almost as good as real time.
    Just remember, Semper Gumbi - always be flexible!

Just Joined!
    I have got the source directly from www .apcupsd .org, there is a link to sourceforge.
    Thanks!

P.S.: Sorry, i'm not allowed to post URLs