Find the answer to your Linux question:

View Poll Results: Which Distro do you think has the most sopportive site and docs around?

Voters
13. You may not vote on this poll
  • Redhat

8 61.54%
  • Mandrake

1 7.69%
  • SuSe

0 0%
  • Slackware

1 7.69%
  • Debian

1 7.69%
  • Yellow Dog

0 0%
  • College

0 0%
  • Gentoo

2 15.38%
  • Turbo Linux

0 0%
  • Others

0 0%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
what the heck? Linux uses SuSE at home? I am so surprised, I thought he must have built his own Linux at home just like the guide book: build linux ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Linux User

what the heck? Linux uses SuSE at home? I am so surprised, I thought he must have built his own Linux at home just like the guide book: build linux from scratch! LOL.
    Signature removed by moderator - please see forum rules

Just Joined!
    sorry im switching frok windows, i meant personal

Linux Guru
    Did you buy support? In that case, they must naturally help you, or you can sue them. If you didn't buy support, then it's just natural that there support doesn't answer you. They would only lose money on that.

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    Linux User
    When I used Suse, i just called in to their office (norway to germany phone call :P ) and i got help without even veriying that i had bought suse.

I must say that I'm very found of the slackware book. Some times when I'm bored, I read it.
    But I would say that a distro is documented after its users. For example, you would find more documentation that can be trivial to some people, but looks advanced to the newbie.

Linux Engineer
    I must say, without the help of certain individuals from this forum, I too would be a frustrated person trying to configure my Linux machine. Thanks guys. You know who you are.
    The best things in life are free.

Just Joined!
    I bought it fo $35, I thought that when you buy it they give you support.

Linux Guru
    Well, I don't know, honestly. I've never even used SuSE, even less bought it. Check there product lists to see if support is included in what you bought. You know, sometimes, you only pay for the actual CDs and manuals (ie. you cover their expenses in burning and printing it).

Just Joined!
    Quote Originally Posted by genlee
    I am not talking about newbies posting problems that a simple google search can solve. I was talking about legitamite questions and they reply to them having no idea what they are talking about. For instance, I had a glibc problem I posted and it ended up being an error in nsswitch not looking for services file in correct place which I found. Well anyway I had repsonses from "you need to recompile gcc" to "make sure you are typing emerge correctly without any spelling errors".
    I am a computer tech, however just dabbling in Linux again, and this is what my google search came up with for the best supported linux and I am glad its hear don't be a complainer be part of the solution anyways I just got a new GP2X and I am putting a dual boot linux back on two of my machines and thought I would go to the community to figure out the answers to my questions thanx guys..

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2