Find the answer to your Linux question:
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Question Best Linux Distro For AMD Drivers

Hi, i just need a quick answer as to the best linux distro for amd gpu users- i dont know if i posted this in the right place- but anyway. I have tried ubuntu- fedora- mint- PCLinuxos- Arch- (arch was the best one for current results, but i just want a normal os that wasnt built by me) and openSUSE. please help! im stuck on windows atm! Thanks.

Linux Newbie
    Quote Originally Posted by redrobin53 View Post
    Hi, i just need a quick answer as to the best linux distro for amd gpu users- i dont know if i posted this in the right place- but anyway. I have tried ubuntu- fedora- mint- PCLinuxos- Arch- (arch was the best one for current results, but i just want a normal os that wasnt built by me) and openSUSE. please help! im stuck on windows atm! Thanks.
    Have you installed FGLRX? I think they work the same way on all the distro, but I'm not sure

Sent from mTalk

Just Joined!
    FGLRX, hmm- i think so, i tried many different drivers to no avail, the radeon drivers for example- none have worked. ubuntu based distros dont seem to work very well at all tbh

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    The same drivers are available in every distro. Most drivers are already in the Linux kernel. Without knowing more about your system, I don't think anyone can give you any more advice.

Just Joined!
    As for my specs - I have an r9390 nitro from sapphire, an i76700k and a ga-z170xp-sli mobo.
    Ok- this sounds about right, could you perhaps list a driver that would work well that isnt the stock fglrx, it doesnt seem to work. Maybe there is an open source alternative- or atleast some manufacturer drivers?
    Thanks for the help!

Linux Newbie
    -->
    You can find More info here
    https://help.ubuntu.com/community/RadeonDriver

Sent from mTalk