Find the answer to your Linux question:
I went to logout and start a new session i hadnt done it since I installed SuSe 9.2. Well when i went to log back in it said my password ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.

Wierd thing

I went to logout and start a new session i hadnt done it since I installed SuSe 9.2. Well when i went to log back in it said my password was incorrect so after trying it two or three times I tried loging in without a password and it let me login kinda like windows 98 was. Anyways i went to the control panel and decided to change my password well again it said invalid passord what is the deal with my password how could it get changed w/o my knowing?? I am the only user on this puter and y did it let me login without a password?
    If we couldn't laugh we would all go insane--Jimmy Buffett

Registered Linux user # 376962

Maybe you got hacked and somebody changed it?

If you set up your users in the gui there are a different set of rules. by default the password expires. If you setup the password in the command line by defaul it never expires. I would think that your password simply expired, but to how you got in without one is impossible unless somebody changed something. If you typed passwd <username> in the command line it will delete the password (or simply just make the password nothing).

I would look at the logs to see if sections are missing or see if root had logged in on times you know you weren't on the computer.

Mike
    Some people have told me they don't think a fat penguin really embodies the grace of Linux, which just tells me they have never seen a angry penguin charging at them in excess of 100mph. They'd be a lot more careful about what they say if they had.
    -- Linus Torvalds

Linux User
    Try this.

Open KDE's control center then goto system adminastration then to login manager then the tab labled convenience and see if the check box labled Enable passwaord-less logins is checked if it is checked then uncheck it.
    Long live the revolution!
    Have a nice day.
    If you want real change vote Libertarian!

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close