Find the answer to your Linux question:
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Oh ya it looks like I misread that sorry i think i may not have made the question clear. i meant to ask how can i run linux programs on ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Linux Newbie

Oh ya it looks like I misread that sorry
    i think i may not have made the question clear.
    i meant to ask how can i run linux programs on windows?

i also liked the colinux idea. i am waiting for a complete version to come out.
    Windows is the problem, Linux is the solution!

Quote Originally Posted by new2linux4now
    i think i may not have made the question clear.
    i meant to ask how can i run linux programs on windows?
    What programs? Most software for Linux is OSS and has native versions for MS Windows. Some that come to mind are Gaim, OpenOffice, and the Gimp.
    Registered Linux user #270181
    TechieMoe's Tech Rants

Linux Newbie
    What programs? Most software for Linux is OSS and has native versions for MS Windows. Some that come to mind are Gaim, OpenOffice, and the Gimp.
    when i transfer a linux screen saver or such the file type in linux is said to be an application.
    when i transfer it to windows it says the file type is "File" and it says open with. i dont know what i shold open it with.

when i transfer a linux screen saver or such the file type in linux is said to be an application.
    when i transfer it to windows it says the file type is "File" and it says open with. i dont know what i shold open it with.
    I don't understand what you're saying here. What is the file extension (for example foo.bar) of the file you're trying to open? Some files in Linux/UNIX/*BSD don't have file extensions at all, which messes with MS Windows sometimes.
    TechieMoe's Tech Rants

Linux Newbie
    I want to use sus 9.1 screensavers for windows.
    how do i make them usable in windows..

Linux Newbie
    Quote Originally Posted by techieMoe
    I don't understand what you're saying here. What is the file extension (for example foo.bar) of the file you're trying to open? Some files in Linux/UNIX/*BSD don't have file extensions at all, which messes with MS Windows sometimes.
    Windows does not support ELF executables at all.

I want to use sus 9.1 screensavers for windows.
    how do i make them usable in windows..
    As user222 mentioned, you won't be able to run your SuSE 9.1 screensavers in MS Windows. You may be able to find MS Windows equivalents of particular screensavers (such as xmatrix), but you will not be able to pull the actual screensaver files off of SuSE and execute them in MS Windows.
    TechieMoe's Tech Rants

LINUX stands for:
    "Linux is not windows"

Some people have told me they don't think a fat penguin really embodies the grace of Linux, which just tells me they have never seen a angry penguin charging at them in excess of 100mph. They'd be a lot more careful about what they say if they had.
    -- Linus Torvalds

Just Joined!

A Linux emulator for Windows

Im searching along the same vein... I am running a windows machine... I know, Im sorry... I need to run IRAF an astronomers image analysis program, Im in the last semester of an astrophysics program and cant deal with changing ships midstream as the say. I looked at cygwin, the site says "Cygwin is not a way to run native linux apps on Windows. " Thus I am still looking. Please post if anyone has other suggestions. Thanks

Just Joined!

BOCHS from sourceforge.net is a x86 emulator that runs LINUX

Hi,
    BOCHS is an x86 emulator that runs LINUX (available from sourceforge.net).

I ran it but it needs tying together --- the components use WinPCAP for networking and the networking needs to be enabled to make it run and so on.

If somebody can write a Tutorial on how to run Debian or Red Hat Linux on BOCHS on a Windows 98 system using WinPCap can somebody do it.

Thanks

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast