Find the answer to your Linux question:
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.

HBO GO to work with 32 bit Linux

I have searched everywhere to try and figure out how I can run HBO go on 32 bit Lubuntu ..

Anyone figure this out yet ?

I think Vivaldi and Chromium with Chrome plugins can play protected content. But ... if your computer is 32 bit, has it enough power to decode compressed stream realtime?

Quote Originally Posted by Segfault View Post
    I think Vivaldi and Chromium with Chrome plugins can play protected content. But ... if your computer is 32 bit, has it enough power to decode compressed stream realtime?
    I can watch YouTube videos streaming without pausing and waiting. I was chugging a bit with Windows XP so I figured that it would do better with Lubuntu being a lot more resource friendly.

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    My computer specs are:

CPU: Intel Core 2 Duo processor T7200 (4MB/2.00GHz/667MHz)
    Screen: 17 inch UltraSharp TrueLife WUXGA, 1920 x 1200.
    RAM: 2GB , DDR2, 533MHz memory.
    Hard drive: 120GB 5400RPM SATA hard drive.
    Video card: 256MB NVIDIA GeForce Go 7900 GO
    I have a subscription to HBO Go so just trying to stream the content. I would figure this this would be enough but it isn't.

I checked everywhere and tried everything ... On XP, Firefox was slow and chugging but on Linux it just stays black .

What's your excuse running 32 bit?

Because I have a 32 bit processor - Intel(R) Core(TM) Duo processor T2250 (1.73 GHz)

My mistake,I copied the wrong CPU specs,the rest is the same.

Linux Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by Baddog789 View Post
    Because I have a 32 bit processor - Intel(R) Core(TM) Duo processor T2250 (1.73 GHz)
    chrome doesn't support 32bit anymore.
    i hope you have better luck with other browsers.
    i'm generally a little sceptical about performance; those online streaming sites are pretty resource intensive, and your cpu really isn't much anymore these days, neither is the gpu...

-->
    I tried Chromium with the proper plugin and still no go But I do like the browser since it's pretty much the same as Chrome which is my favorite browser. I like Lubuntu 16.04 LTS too having security updates once again is a nice thing to know. Lol

I might be able to upgrade my processor to the Intel Core 2 Duo T7600 2.33 GHz socket M Processor.(64 Bit) I found a few online for about 20 bucks.