Find the answer to your Linux question:
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.

choose a user name that suggests being female, see how some opinions turn 180 degrees

btw, you didn't even read my previous post.
    I am not a "Linux Guru"! Get off me! The Forum software won't let me change it!
    How to ask smart questions | Don't be a Help Vampire | How to Use Code Tags
    You can post a link by removing "http://www." from it.

Quote Originally Posted by BowCatShot View Post
    They are too Jerks with a capital "J". Above average technically but social pygmies.
    unlike you who goes around calling people names and doesnt bother to actually answer the question either. either contribute something or f off. she was given solid advice if she likes it or not. the fact you wrap your tiny brain around it doesnt make it less valid

Quote Originally Posted by DeadGirlRising View Post
    Good afternoon, Wasn't sure where this should go so Misc seemed the best option. I recently installed avlinux on a second partition. Avlinux comes with Xfce and thunar. My problem is that whenever I save something to root it appears on the desktop. There is no "Desktop" directory. There must be a setting, because Xfce on Kali works just fine. I've searched and haven't found anything directly related.

If anyoone knows anything about this, I would surely appreciate the help. Thank you
    It seems that you are missing the home folder and the Desktop folder is accidentally symlinked to the desktop folder or there's something wrong with your xfce installation. If you don't have a desktop folder, create one and grant 777/700 or your desired permissions and then move the files. Preferably, check the .conf files of your desktop environment

Sent from my SM-J730GM using Tapatalk

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    Quote Originally Posted by Venine View Post
    It seems that you are missing the home folder and the Desktop folder is accidentally symlinked to the desktop folder or there's something wrong with your xfce installation. If you don't have a desktop folder, create one and grant 777/700 or your desired permissions and then move the files. Preferably, check the .conf files of your desktop environment
    did you bother to look at the date on this? been closed for about 8 months now and her issue was she was logging in to the gui as ROOT then whined about getting told 'dont do that, its bad".

Quote Originally Posted by habit View Post
    did you bother to look at the date on this? been closed for about 8 months now and her issue was she was logging in to the gui as ROOT then whined about getting told 'dont do that, its bad".
    Quite interesting how you ended up lurking on this thread and made the observation of noting 'the date' and then furthermore 'bothering me' for not 'bothering' the date.

Dude, I thought we helped people here. Perhaps your holmesian (trivia) observations skills are of no use to this forum. Dead threads are locked. This ain't.

Quite interesting how you ended up lurking on this thread and made the observation of noting 'the date' and then furthermore 'bothering me' for not 'bothering' the date.

Dude, I thought we helped people here. Perhaps your holmesian (trivia) observations skills are of no use to this forum. Dead threads are locked. This ain't.
    'holmesian" by looking at the thread date? maybe you find it hard, but most dont. you also didnt bother to read the thread or youd have seen what was said already so your advice was worth exactly what she paid for it. and maybe this thread aint locked, but she sure hasnt been back for 8 months. so:
    - you post something that wont work
    - that ignores what the poster said
    - to an old thread
    - where the op hasnt been back in 8 months

and somehow im to blame for 'lurking", when I clicked on 'todays posts"? yeah...good luck with that.

'holmesian" by looking at the thread date? maybe you find it hard, but most dont. you also didnt bother to read the thread or youd have seen what was said already so your advice was worth exactly what she paid for it. and maybe this thread aint locked, but she sure hasnt been back for 8 months. so:
    - you post something that wont work
    - that ignores what the poster said
    - to an old thread
    - where the op hasnt been back in 8 months

and somehow im to blame for 'lurking", when I clicked on 'todays posts"? yeah...good luck with that.
    So i digged through your posts. It's mostly bugging people who have overlooked some things in a denigrating way. Are you really a hardcore Linux user or a usual script kiddie ?
    Moreover the funny thing is if you can accidentally stumble over a thread due to 'today\'s posts', why can't the OP itself
    Rather than shitposting, rather try some actual helping. You opened an acc in 2016, it's been a year, can you do some decent bash scripting or even use a different distro other than mint/Ubuntu/Kali ?

So i digged through your posts. It's mostly bugging people who have overlooked some things in a denigrating way. Are you really a hardcore Linux user or a usual script kiddie ?
    wont matter to you and i dont care what you think.
    Moreover the funny thing is if you can accidentally stumble over a thread due to 'today\'s posts', why can't the OP itself
    shows you still havent read her reply
    Rather than shitposting, rather try some actual helping. You opened an acc in 2016, it's been a year, can you do some decent bash scripting or even use a different distro other than mint/Ubuntu/Kali ?
    i use what i want because I want, and dont give a crap what you want.

facts are facts: you posted junk advice in a dead thread and now are *****ing about it.

wont matter to you and i dont care what you think.

shows you still havent read her reply

i use what i want because I want, and dont give a crap what you want.

facts are facts: you posted junk advice in a dead thread and now are *****ing about it.
    Well if facts are facts, you are shitposting too. I'll contact the mod and report about your 'habit' of populating threads with unnecessary harangues.
    I don't care posting advice in dead threads, they are public for a reason and I am generally sympathetic towards newbs who make stupid mistakes because I've been there too, faced the same situation many times until I figured out the right away to approach an issue. I won't fight you anymore but I'll be empathetic and emphatically encourage you to share about your social issues if you want to on PM.

Well if facts are facts, you are shitposting too. I'll contact the mod and report about your 'habit' of populating threads with unnecessary harangues.
    go for it
    I don't care posting advice in dead threads, they are public for a reason and I am generally sympathetic towards newbs who make stupid mistakes because I've been there too, faced the same situation many times until I figured out the right away to approach an issue. I won't fight you anymore but I'll be empathetic and emphatically encourage you to share about your social issues if you want to on PM.
    love it or shove it. the only one with 'social issues" is someone who wants to whine and change the subject after not paying attention.

and the advice you gave was the shitpost. because encouraging a new user to use kali AND log in as root AND make things even easier to delete/remove is crap advice. or are you just a script kiddie who doesnt know any better?