Find the answer to your Linux question:
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
hey besonen, I hadn't looked at this thread for a while, since I got the perl script running ok. your solution is much cleaner, though. thanks, Peter...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

hey besonen,

I hadn't looked at this thread for a while, since I got the perl script running ok. your solution is much cleaner, though.

thanks,

Peter

Linux Newbie

Re: syncing firefox bookmarks on linux and windows -- any id

Quote Originally Posted by pm02134
    I'm running FC3 and Windows 2000 on the same machine, and I use Firefox on both of them. Linux can see the windows partitions, but not the other way around.

It would be really nice to be able to copy the windows bookmarks over the linux ones before I start Firefox on linux, and vice versa at the end of a session. does anybody have any clever ideas to do this automajically? I could just put firefox into a script file, but since the dos partitions are owned by root, I have some small issues with copying the files back and forth. sudo is ok, but is there a better way?

pete
    Get Explore2fs [http://uranus.it.swin.edu.au/~jn/linux/explore2fs.htm]. If your Linux partition is Ext2 or Ext3, it should help.

Quote Originally Posted by pm02134
    I hadn't looked at this thread for a while, since I got the perl script running ok. your solution is much cleaner, though.
    He's already gotten it solved I'd say.

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    Just Joined!

explore2fs

yes, this one has been solved, but explore2fs looks interesting nonetheless. I'll check it out next time i'm on the other side.

thanks,

Pete

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2