Find the answer to your Linux question:
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Where to post questions about Manjaro Linux

Hello and thanks for the read.

I run Manjaro Linux. I have some questions about a thread crash and the resultant error logs created by

journalctl -p err -b

Since Manjaro is a fork of Arch and since there is not a dedicated Manjaro forum here, where might I ask for help in analyzing this?? I have posted in the Manjaro user's forum and so far have received no answers.

Thanks again for the read. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Expat

Linux Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by expat42451 View Post
    I have posted in the Manjaro user's forum and so far have received no answers.
    that forum is known for its ubuntu-like friendliness.
    if you received no answer, that could mean:
    a) there's no answer
    b) your question is unanswerable
    c) your question lacks even the most rudimentary technical problem description
    d) less than 24h have passed since you asked the q.,
    idk, what is the question?

Just Joined!
    https://forum.manjaro.org/t/pulseeff...8-update/46241

including inxi information on the systyem and journalctl -p err -b outputs about the crashes. So although I do not know at this point how to effectively use the data from the journalctl output, am I to believe that no one does? If you care to look at the thread it contains the most rudimentary technical problem description, yes? I have been a member of the Manjo forum since I have been running stable in a production environment. Agree about the friendliness of the forum but it seems interesting that it wouldnt be common knowledge about houw to use the results of a journalctl output to help figure out what was failing.

Regards and many thanks for your reply.

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    Just Joined!
    https://forum.manjaro.org/t/pulseeff...8-update/46241

including inxi information on the system and journalctl -p err -b outputs about the crashes. So although I do not know at this point how to effectively use the data from the journalctl output, am I to believe that no one does? If you care to look at the thread it contains the most rudimentary technical problem description, yes? I have been a member of the Manjo forum since I have been running stable in a production environment. Agree about the friendliness of the forum but it seems interesting that it wouldnt be common knowledge about houw to use the results of a journalctl output to help figure out what was failing.

Regards and many thanks for your reply.
    Last edited by expat42451; 05-05-2018 at 12:32 AM. Reason: spelling

Linux User
    Since Manjaro is Arch-based, most times you can find the answers to Manjaro problems in the Arch Wiki. Have you tried there?

By the way, yaourt is unmantained. Can you install aurman instead? I've been using it on Arch. It's perfectly functional and it takes most pacman arguments so it's really easy to use. You could also compile it manually which should be the preferred method.

Sent from my Moto G Play using Tapatalk

Just Joined!
    CarterCox
    Thanks for the reply.

Linux Guru
    HOW DID YOU "NOT RECEIVE ANY ANSWERS" TO THIS?
    the conversation on this forum is 1 day old, that thread on majaro forums is 5days old, with clear answers: apparently pulseeffects is not so stable.
    it's an AUR package, unsupported by the mother distro.
    and yes, sometimes those need to be recompiled.
    also, it says nothing about manjaro - you do realise that archlinux and manjaro are not 100% compatible?
    blaming firefox for it is ... just wrong.

if you really care for this application so much, you should get in contact with the upstream developers and discuss things with them, i.e. raise an issue.

Quote Originally Posted by CarterCox View Post
    By the way, yaourt is unmantained.
    wtf!
    please enlighten us, HOW exactly is yaourt unmaintained?
    2 months too long for your attention deficit? https://github.com/archlinuxfr/yaourt

Linux User
    https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/AUR_helpers

Linux Guru
    ^ oh my god! never thought i'd say it, but you're right!
    interesting reading the comments: https://aur.archlinux.org/packages/yaourt/

Linux User
    -->
    Being a h4x0r/scripting wizard/IT Buddha/Computer whisperer, having a genius-level intellect and being an adept coder in every known language doesn't make you always right.

There is always someone better out there.