Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hi guys, I've messed upo pretty bad my data USB HD... this must be the dumbest move i've ever done I repartitionned my HD in 3 (originally 2 logical) I ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Linux Engineer

Messed up partition throu windows installation

Hi guys, I've messed upo pretty bad my data USB HD... this must be the dumbest move i've ever done
    I repartitionned my HD in 3 (originally 2 logical) I didnt format...

but now my 40Gig music and 50 Gig app are prety much.... gone

does anyone have the knowledge I dont have?

Thanks in advance
    \"Meditative mind\'s is like a vast ocean... whatever strikes the surface, the bottom stays calm\" - Dalai Lama
    \"Competition ultimatly comes down to one thing... a loser and a winner.\" - Ugo Deschamps

yeah there a few ppl here that might be able to help you get the data back if you hawent gone and reformatted it yet?

been there done that but never in linux( the lost data thing) though i have gotten close more than once...not fun
    ~Mike ~~~ Forum Rules
    Testing? What's that? If it compiles, it is good, if it boots up, it is perfect. ~ Linus Torvalds
    http://loft306.org

Linux Engineer
    Yup reformated already... data is only data... and it was pretty much only dloaded music.... 4 wanderfull years... o well **** happens and life goes on...

I've tryed to mount the the drive, using the same filesystem, it recongnized the partition and all, but the data wasnt present (obviously)
    \"Meditative mind\'s is like a vast ocean... whatever strikes the surface, the bottom stays calm\" - Dalai Lama
    \"Competition ultimatly comes down to one thing... a loser and a winner.\" - Ugo Deschamps