Find the answer to your Linux question:
ok here is the deal. Im on Mandrake 9.1 right now... been not liking it for a long while...too slow and bloated...already dont like RH, Gentoo is to complex right ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Linux User

ok since things arent working out i need a OS....

ok here is the deal. Im on Mandrake 9.1 right now... been not liking it for a long while...too slow and bloated...already dont like RH, Gentoo is to complex right now...i dont have a printer to print out the installation guide. Slackware 9.0 isnt working....DLing 8.1 right now to see if that works. my deal now is i need a fast reliable good OS.....well thanks for any help in advance

Linux Engineer
    OK you have tried Redhat,Mandrake,Slackware... then you have 3 good linux dists that may suit you.

Suse,Debian or Gentoo.....And may i ask, why dont you like Redhat and Mandrake. I have used them booth with good results..if you dont like them im not sure you will like any other dist either..

Regards
    Regards

Andutt

Linux User
    i dont like them for a couple reasons. they hold my hand too much and are bloated, and slow im going to try debian....what disks do i need?

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    Linux Engineer
    Custom installs on redhat are not bloated. When we were forced to use redhat at work, I could do a server install which only used 445MB which is hardly bloated.

Linux User
    and i also heard that the KDE in RH is all messed up. and i preffer KDE over GNOME

Linux Engineer
    KDE is the same on the moust common distributions...so that cant be right..

Regards
    Regards

Andutt

Linux User
    Very interesting, RH and mandrake are my favs, of course I will go for RH cause I just like it, Mandrake is my second alternative, but chinese support isn't good enough. and I just can't find any distro with such documentations around. and more importantly, I can actually get RHCE!
    Signature removed by moderator - please see forum rules