Find the answer to your Linux question:
ok i had to reinstall Linux for some unknown problem with my disk getting full. Anyways i exported my Konqueror bookmarks to a floppy and after i got reinstalled and ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.

Konqueror bookmarks

ok i had to reinstall Linux for some unknown problem with my disk getting full. Anyways i exported my Konqueror bookmarks to a floppy and after i got reinstalled and tried to import the bookmarks im not having any luck nothing happens. It asks for an xml file but my bookmarks are saved to an html file so after i changed the file setting and tried to open them nothing happens, am i doing something wrong??
    If we couldn't laugh we would all go insane--Jimmy Buffett

Registered Linux user # 376962

Can you first open the file in a text editor to see if the file is intact and not corrupted, its not too hard to have a write error to a floppy or something of the like. The other thing, did you install a newer version of the Distro? its possible that in one of the recent KDE updates that some backwords compatability was lost. The goodnews is that If you can open the file in a test editor, xml is easily human readable, and you should be able to extract all the URL's manual, as much as the job will suck, its better than the alternative. And at the same time, you'll probably eliminate some of the unused/unwanted ones.
    Avoid the Gates of Hell. Use Linux
    A Penny for your Thoughts

Formerly Known as qub333

like what kind of text editor?? kwrite kate is that what u r talking about? cuz when i open it in one of them all i get is a bunch of html code. i can however open thenm in konqueror and the links are all right there. i my just have to click on them one at a time and bookmark them that way.
    If we couldn't laugh we would all go insane--Jimmy Buffett

Registered Linux user # 376962

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close