Find the answer to your Linux question:
well im having a problem with pcsx and ammoq's joypad plug in. have you ever heard of them? if you havent, pcsx is a gnu opensource program desighned to get ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.

pcsx pad problem

well im having a problem with pcsx and ammoq's joypad plug in.
    have you ever heard of them? if you havent, pcsx is a gnu opensource program desighned to get playstation one games to run on your computer. sound interesting doesnt it. whats more, it is actualy very nice and powerfull. you might of herd of epcxe wich is one thats probobly more commonly found since it was about the same as pcsx but kept on being developed longer. neither one is realy worked on now since most of them formed pcsx2 team and work on emulating the ps2.

anyway a guy named ammoq desighned a plugin for both emus which allow for you to use a joypad to control the game. unfortunatly epcse doesnt allow the plugin to use anolog stick which i just so happen to have. i found this out the hard way. you know, go through the extream trouble of getting epsxe to work under linux which the linux port is realy poorly written. i only chose this because i had familiarity with it on windows. i decide to switch to pcsx and found it is a little hard to get set up. but eventualy did. unfortunatly this is where i got my big problem whch basicly makes everything before this kinda pointless. the plugin was able to work under epsxe but didnt have anolog capabilities. the same exact plugin wont work at all under pcsx. it loads it and lets me configure it but wont let me actualy use it durring the game.

k, i have tried using both the joypad and the keyboard but to no avail. i have also tried using an older version of the plugin but it wont work because it uses older gtk thingies or whatnot. i canot use other plugins because the only other one is omnijoy which wont compile on my system. i have also used other forms of pcsx. i have tried version 1.5 precompiled, 1.5 selfcompiled and 1.6beta self compiled.

when i try to config a button in the plugin it will set the buttons and all but when you try set one it says that the last one you set is unusable, its like this "padJoy: event 1073807404 (B0R4) is not usable."
    the first one i set was BOR4 and when i set BOR6 it presents this error when i click the set button but befor i set the botton.

also the emulator states this when i start it "libbz2.so.1.0: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory"

sorry for the long post but i just want to make shure you know everything.

oh ya. the joypad works and all since i was able to use it in epcxe and also zsnes, my snes emu.
    nVidia G-Force 6600GT (bfg) pci-e: amd 64 2000+ (939): 1024 corsair ram: 2X 80gb seagate harddisk SATA: plextor cd/dvd-read/write cdrom SATA

wait, do i need to have a kernel that supports events?
    nVidia G-Force 6600GT (bfg) pci-e: amd 64 2000+ (939): 1024 corsair ram: 2X 80gb seagate harddisk SATA: plextor cd/dvd-read/write cdrom SATA

Just Joined!
    Hi there,

I'm having pretty much exactly the same problem as yourself with ammoq's padjoy plugin (0.82) under PCSX 1.5. (FYI: I am using an LFS self build distro running a 2.6.10 kernel)

I can get padJoy (0.82) to run fine with analog switched off in the plugin config, but whenever it is switched on, nothing on the pad works.

might be worth contacting the plugin author (check his site here: www.ammoq.com) and see if he's able (and willing) to fix it

I'll let you know if I have any progress,

Cheers,

Gray