Find the answer to your Linux question:
Anybody got a chance to try the new version of Lindows yet? I think they might be the distro that finally hurts MS. There's only a few things about Lindows ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Ice
    Just Joined!

Lindows 4.0

Anybody got a chance to try the new version of Lindows yet? I think they might be the distro that finally hurts MS. There's only a few things about Lindows I don't like: running as root and having to pay for click and run. I can see having to pay for commercial products, but not OSS products. You can get this same feature from other distros....

Linux User
    Hehe, well it passed the mom test :P

Besiden that, Lindows has a bad history. An example is stealing the "kword" and charging $$$ for it, and their main focus was to be able to run windows applications, wich I haven't heard about from them in a long time.

Now that said, it might help some people migrate over GNU/Linux. I installed it for a friend, and he had no trouble navigating around etc..

Ice
    Just Joined!
    I read an article about them putting alot of effort into wine, but they changed their mind. They wanted to get away from MS software. I didn't know they stole kword...