Find the answer to your Linux question:
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
ya, gentoo is a very good choice. itsonly real difference from lfs is that its all set up to start installing rather than you having to obtain the files yourself. ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.

ya, gentoo is a very good choice. itsonly real difference from lfs is that its all set up to start installing rather than you having to obtain the files yourself. also portage is realy powerfull and almost anyone that gets it installed loves it.
    nVidia G-Force 6600GT (bfg) pci-e: amd 64 2000+ (939): 1024 corsair ram: 2X 80gb seagate harddisk SATA: plextor cd/dvd-read/write cdrom SATA

Linux Newbie
    A word of warning LFS can be hard work but it is well worth it. Your unsserstanding of linux will greatly increase because of it

Linux Newbie
    Check out Vector Linux. I've been running Vector Linux 5.1.1 SOHO on my 900MHz machine for quite some time now. It really doesn't get much faster than this, and I love its Slackware foundation but with more newbie friendliness than pure Slackware.

www.vectorlinux.com

DrCR

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    How about optimizing your distro before trying another one? Fedora CAN be fast, if you are willing to put some extra effort into it. If you are not interested in that, then I'd second to use Arch. Not slower than LFS or Gentoo and easier to set up.
    Windows free since 2002 | computing since 1984

This thread is over a year old and I don't see any more usefulness coming out of it. Locked.
    Registered Linux user #270181
    TechieMoe's Tech Rants

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2