Find the answer to your Linux question:

View Poll Results: Between Knoppix or Damn Smalll Linux, which distro is better for my portable IDS (customizing, easy

Voters
4. You may not vote on this poll
  • Knoppix

3 75.00%
  • Damn Small linux

1 25.00%
Hi, I am doing a school project were i have to build a portable IDS. This IDS has to be able to record the logs to a external HDD by ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    csi
    Just Joined!

Knoppix or Damn Small Linux

Hi,

I am doing a school project were i have to build a portable IDS. This IDS has to be able to record the logs to a external HDD by firewire.

My only issue is I am not sure with distro to use, Knoppix or Damn Small Linux. Which distor is better for customizing and gettting programs? I have researched both, and they both seem to be very good distors. Which distro do you all think is best and why? Knoppix or Damn Small Linux!!

Everybodys opinion would be very helpful.

THanks

CSI

Linux User
    I voted for Knoppix but you should look at Mepis it allows for the writing of custom modules for specific hardware or services you want to run and then looks for these modules at boot. That way it is easier to customize you do not need to redo the entire thing just write some modules.
    Long live the revolution!
    Have a nice day.
    If you want real change vote Libertarian!

Linux Newbie
    definantly knoppix, its saved my system from complete catastrophy, and also just the Qtparted tool alone
    Linux is for those who want to know why their computer works.

Registered Linux Machine #293111
    Registered Linux User #371115

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    Just Joined!
    I would have to go with Knoppix for sheer ease of use. Although saying this Puppy is looking quite sweet for a small platform along with Flonix.