Find the answer to your Linux question:
I have a LFS system and would like to put give it to some friends of mine, i would like to put it onto a CD and have some sort ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Linux Newbie

Installable Linux

I have a LFS system and would like to put give it to some friends of mine, i would like to put it onto a CD and have some sort of install program to make it copy everything across and maybe some minor settints (FSTAB for example) Is there anything out there that can help me with this??

Linux Engineer
    You want to "install" the current configuration you have now to another computer, but without going trhou an install?

Can a "ghost" do what your looking for?

Please provide more information
    \"Meditative mind\'s is like a vast ocean... whatever strikes the surface, the bottom stays calm\" - Dalai Lama
    \"Competition ultimatly comes down to one thing... a loser and a winner.\" - Ugo Deschamps

Linux Newbie
    I have build an LFS system.
    I want to create a CD to install my system
    I would like it to have a hard drive setup program (to format it etc)
    I would like it to set up the FSTAB
    I would like it to set up GRUB
    Finally i would like to to copy the filesystem over

I don't mind having several tools to do this

Linux Newbie
    Just to let readers know the easiest way I found to do this is a program called system rescue cd

It will let you edit the ISO and add your own image of the system. You can then use the rescue CD to extract it, edit any files, partition your hard drive and many more things

www.sysresccd.org

Linux Engineer
    You could also write a installer in C or something and mod knoppix to do the job... Linux Journal had an article about how to mod knoppix to do what you want it to, and replace software on the CD.