Find the answer to your Linux question:
i have been trying to configure a dial in server on my linux box . i am using mgetty configured to listen for connections on a external usb modem. i ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

help with linux dial in server

i have been trying to configure a dial in server on my linux box . i am using mgetty configured to listen for connections on a external usb modem. i have followed all documentation instructions but i am still faced with a problem.

When i dial into my linux machine, the terminal will correctly start and shows me the login screen, but the problem is that before i can even type in the user name i get a message that the script has ended and the connection is closed. I am dialing in from a windows machine with a terminal spawning after dial up.

i am unable to determine where the problem lies ? can anyone come up with a solution.

Linux Guru
    Have you made some strange typo here or are you actually listening for dial-in connections on a USB mouse?

Just Joined!
    sorry for the typo , i'v fixed it now. can u help me out ?

Linux Guru
    Have you checked your logs for any clues? How have you configured the whole thing? Are you using agetty or anything else? Does the connection terminate when you type the first character or does it terminate after a fixed time?