Find the answer to your Linux question:
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Hey i'm looking for a e-mail client for my 128mb, 166mhz computer. Can anyone help me? Thunderbird requires 64 mbs of ram and a 200mhz or higher processor and others ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.

e-mail clients

Hey i'm looking for a e-mail client for my 128mb, 166mhz computer. Can anyone help me? Thunderbird requires 64 mbs of ram and a 200mhz or higher processor and others I have found do to. So if someone could help me find one for an older computer i'd really appreciate it.

i would think the client to use the least would be one of the cl clients such as pine or mutt
    Brilliant Mediocrity - Making Failure Look Good

well

There's always the X front-end for pine:

http://xpine.sourceforge.net/#download

And i.scribe was pretty good last time I used it:

http://email.about.com/gi/dynamic/of...m%2Fscribe.php
    There are two major products that come out of Berkeley: LSD and UNIX. We don't believe this to be a coincidence.

- Jeremy S. Anderson

I guess I should also mention that i'm running windoze 98 SE. Sorry

then what the h311 r u doing here

im sorry maybe i was a bit to foward its just the second post i seen by that guy and he always says "i have windoze 98se"
    If we couldn't laugh we would all go insane--Jimmy Buffett

Registered Linux user # 376962

"then what the h311 r u doing here"

Perhaps a bit abrupt, but apt nonetheless.
    There are two major products that come out of Berkeley: LSD and UNIX. We don't believe this to be a coincidence.

- Jeremy S. Anderson

Quote Originally Posted by powhitetrash
    then what the h311 r u doing here

im sorry maybe i was a bit to foward its just the second post i seen by that guy and he always says "i have windoze 98se"

I thought linux users had repect for other operating systems. I use linux to but on a different comp. I'm looking for stuff for my older computer. And since i'm only 18, I hope you can see that I wasn't really into computers back in 1996. I would put all the things in one post but suddenly I remember something I forgot.

Quote Originally Posted by Richard_The_Lionhearted

I thought linux users had repect for other operating systems. I use linux to but on a different comp. I'm looking for stuff for my older computer. And since i'm only 18, I hope you can see that I wasn't really into computers back in 1996. I would put all the things in one post but suddenly I remember something I forgot.
    Linux users do have respect for other OS, but there is a time and place for everything. It is hard enough to keep track of all the linux stuff as it is. There are many M$ forums that are made for those questions. As Linux users we are surprised that anyone would ask those questions. Plus you will find on a prodominately used linux forum we might not have an answer for a specific windows question. Not to mention Windows 98 is old now.

Don't take affense to the disregard for the windows questions; just stick to Linux questions here.

Mike
    Some people have told me they don't think a fat penguin really embodies the grace of Linux, which just tells me they have never seen a angry penguin charging at them in excess of 100mph. They'd be a lot more careful about what they say if they had.
    -- Linus Torvalds

Quote Originally Posted by adrenaline
    Quote Originally Posted by Richard_The_Lionhearted

Linux users do have respect for other OS, but there is a time and place for everything. It is hard enough to keep track of all the linux stuff as it is. There are many M$ forums that are made for those questions. As Linux users we are surprised that anyone would ask those questions. Plus you will find on a prodominately used linux forum we might not have an answer for a specific windows question. Not to mention Windows 98 is old now.

Don't take affense to the disregard for the windows questions; just stick to Linux questions here.

Mike
    our put it in the coffee lounge
    Brilliant Mediocrity - Making Failure Look Good

Quote Originally Posted by adrenaline

Mike
    Apparently not. Just about almost every linux user you'll meet has started out on windows before switching to linux, so I would expect they should know just about everything about the worlds most used OS. I just hope this doesn't have anything to do with linux being anti-M$. I repect linux users and thier technology and that is why I perfer to stay here.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast