Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hello, I'm using suse linux 8.2 and I experienced a very noising problem. While configuring the appearence of my linux box (using kde control center), in particular changing theme, style ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

suse 8.2 BIG problem

Hello,
    I'm using suse linux 8.2 and I experienced a very noising problem. While configuring the appearence of my linux box (using kde control center), in particular changing theme, style and window decoration, it happens that, after some tests, the window borders disappear!
    So, in every opened windows as new windows there is no the border, only the content of the window (on the top there the menu (file, help..) and no other.
    The only way I found is to reinstall the system: I love SuSe but this behaviour make the system unusable....I want to be free to change the appeareance whenever I want.

Anyone else has experience something like that? Please, help me.

Thanks.

Ice
    Just Joined!
    I've seen something like that. While running kde, lines will appear in the color scheme on the taskbar and borders of the windows. It's really weird.

Linux User
    you did try resarting X correct?

Just Joined!
    I had that, plus when I tried to set the screen geometry it locked up.

for other reasons I changed to Mandrake 9.1.

One major reason is it detects my Alcatel Speedtouch adsl modem correctly. That is a real major plus point, 'cos that modem is a real pain in the you know where to set up.