Find the answer to your Linux question:
i just bought OpenOffice 1.1.4 for windows from amazz0n and i got the one for 3 bucks i wanted to ask is it legal to make multiple copies of this ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Linux Newbie

open office for win

i just bought OpenOffice 1.1.4 for windows from amazz0n and i got the one for 3 bucks i wanted to ask is it legal to make multiple copies of this disk. Keep in mind that it is for windows.

question 2
    i got WINGEAR OpenOffice. is there a diffrence between openoffice and wingear openoffice?

question 3
    i've used suse open office and there is a math program which i did not get in here does anyone know why?

question 4
    the office in suse looks alot better then the one for windows. how can i get the one that i have for suse.

thanks in advance
    Windows is the problem, Linux is the solution!

Linux Newbie
    OpenOffice is FREE for personal and commercial use. You can make as many copies as you want after that disk.
    The looks of OO.o depends(slightly) of the DE it runs on: KDE, Gnome, etc...

Linux Engineer
    WinGear OOo is not the same as OOo. It's a commercial product based upon OOo. As such you can't make copies of it for distribution. If you want to make copies just use the OOo open source version.
    Lansbury's Lido

thekiadriver on #linuxforums - fleetingly

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    yeah u can download it at www.openoffice.org imagine that
    If we couldn't laugh we would all go insane--Jimmy Buffett

Registered Linux user # 376962

Re: open office for win

Quote Originally Posted by new2linux4now
    question 3
    i've used suse open office and there is a math program which i did not get in here does anyone know why?
    That's probably OpenOffice Calc, part of the full install for OpenOffice.org. You should be able get it if you download the full OpenOffice.org install. As to why the WinGear version doesn't have it, ask WinGear?

question 4
    the office in suse looks alot better then the one for windows. how can i get the one that i have for suse.
    You probably can't, since the version that comes with SuSE has been optimized and tweaked to look as good as it does with SuSE.
    Registered Linux user #270181
    TechieMoe's Tech Rants