Find the answer to your Linux question:
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Yes it is working with the headphones. That's weird I never was able to get it working with headphones before. Well these are newer so maybe that's it. Well this ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Linux User

Yes it is working with the headphones. That's weird I never was able to get it working with headphones before. Well these are newer so maybe that's it. Well this is good enough for now, thanks for the help!

Linux Guru
    What are you saying? You can't just be content before it functions as it should, right?
    Could you just check the CD audio cable once again to be absolutely sure? I've heard before that Windows just might play discs through software.
    I've taken two pictures for you so that you know for sure what to look for. The first one shows the CD-ROM, and the second one shows the sound card. There are two of these plugged in to the sound card, since I have two CD-ROM drives. The second one is plugged in to the auxiliary input of the sound card. Maybe yours is just plugged in to the wrong input, and thus you haven't raised the volume of the right channel in the mixer settings? Check what it says on the board.

http://www.dolda2000.cjb.net/~fredrik/lf/cdacable-1.jpg
    http://www.dolda2000.cjb.net/~fredrik/lf/cdacable-2.jpg

I've "highlighted" the relevant cables on the pictures. Note that they go straight from the CD-ROM drives directly to the sound card; they don't plug in to the mobo or nothing.

Linux User
    Ha, man you never cease to amaze me. I can't believe you went through the touble of taking those pictures and then highlighting the stuff I had to look for. Now I can ... NOT listen to my cd's without my headphones on right now because it's after hours, but tomorrow You're the coolest, thanks a lot!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2