Find the answer to your Linux question:
I was wonder if anyone could help me with a not so little LFS issue I'm having. I have a blank hard drive that I am using for a computer ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

LFS live cd prob

I was wonder if anyone could help me with a not so little LFS issue I'm having.

I have a blank hard drive that I am using for a computer and I have some experince with LFS in the past so I decided to not bother with a pre-made distro and have my own unique linux. Now I don't want to install a host linux onto the hard drive so I decided to use lfs's own little live-cd that has all of the nessesary packages and patches included on it. Unfortunetly I have learned quickly that if doing it this way you can't follow the lfs book instructions 100% to the t. I haven't been able to find much on google on how to do LFS the way I want to but I know it can be done. Can anyone help me here and tell me what I have to do differnt from the regular LFS directions inorder to make the linux distro using a live-cd as a host.

Thank you in advance!

Linux Engineer
    All you really need is the basic compiler type stuff to compile LFS. I use the Slax Professional Live cd with gcc to compile LFS, there is no need to deviate from the book's instructions.