Find the answer to your Linux question:
Well this doesnt have anything to do with Linux but its a computer hardware problem so I think it fits here. Anyways I have a netgear RP614 router with one ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.

Router problem

Well this doesnt have anything to do with Linux but its a computer hardware problem so I think it fits here.

Anyways I have a netgear RP614 router with one pc and a ps2 connected to it. The other day my ISP was having problems with everybody connection in my area no biggie, I had to go to work so I assumed it would be working when I got home. Well it was on when i got home but now my router and cable modem cant talk I have tried everthing I can think of even called the ISP and they said it was on my end not theres so I unplugged my router and am running straight to my computer. Can anybody help me out or am I on my own?
    If we couldn't laugh we would all go insane--Jimmy Buffett

Registered Linux user # 376962

Linux User
    Try this:
    Hook evrything back up the way it was.
    The power down everything in this order
    1) end user devices (PC's, Game consoles...)
    2) router
    3) modem
    Now bring them back up in this order
    1) modem
    2) router
    3) end user devices

If this does not work there should be a reset button on the router some where that returns it to factory original please refer to your routers documentation for the location and proper way to use this. After you have reset the router repeat the above process with this exception. After bringing the router back up bring up one of the PC's enter the routers setup process and configure it to use your modem as its gateway again refer to your routers documentation. Then reboot the computer you used to set it up and bring up all other end user devices.

Please post success or failure.
    Long live the revolution!
    Have a nice day.
    If you want real change vote Libertarian!

I have already done that in that ordeer nothing works I think it maybe something to do with the hardware itself although I cant see how after all it worked a week ago

Linux User
    Did you try the reset button on the router?
    Long live the revolution!
    Have a nice day.
    If you want real change vote Libertarian!

Yes I tried the reset button on the router. I have givin up on the whole router thing I just threw it out the window

Just Joined!
    I also have the RP614v2 router and for the longest time I had intermittent lockups and downloads that would be cut off and lost. I did some searching and found out that some of thier earlier firmware was a bit flakey. When I upgraded, all my problems disappeared. Have not had a problem since.

You'll need to log into the router to do this. Full info is on the Netgear website.

Hope this helps!

thanx for the help man but i have already updated the firmware heck i cant even connect to the router by typeing http://192.168.0.1