Find the answer to your Linux question:
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Try loading the modules in reverse order (ac97_codec first). I'm not sure, but I think that ac97_codec is required by emu10k1. Also check so that no old versions of the ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Linux Guru

Try loading the modules in reverse order (ac97_codec first). I'm not sure, but I think that ac97_codec is required by emu10k1. Also check so that no old versions of the modules are already loaded.

Just Joined!
    I don't know what you mean. But it's still not working.

Linux User
    he means try the modprobe line in the other order

/sbin/modprobe -r ac97_codec.o emu10k1.o
    majorwoo

Quiet brain, or I\'ll stab you with a Q-tip.

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    Just Joined!
    Well, I couldn't get my soundcard to work with RH no matter what I tried SO.... I was so determined to keep working with Linux that I installed Mandrake 9 which for some reason does support my card.

One weird thing though instead of using emu10k1 is recognized the card as "emu10k2/Creative Audigy"

What is emu10k2?

Thanks for all the help peoples.

Linux Guru
    Haven't heard of it before, but it has to be the new version of the chip that Creative uses in the audigy cards. Don't you have built-in audio on the motherboard that you can use in the meantime?

Linux User
    yes he does and he forgot to disable it before...

Did you get it working under redhat before you switched like we were talking about earlier, or did you just give up on it and go to Mandrake?
    majorwoo

Linux Guru
    ?? Do you two know each other? ??

Just Joined!
    No, it still would not let me into BIOS, I tried everything, even emailed my Lead Instructor and asked him, we tried everything.

I do have onboard sound but 5.1 surround sound speaker system and I wouldn't want to change everything around becuase I do use Windows XP Pro also.

No we don't know eachother outside of here. I bug the piss out of him every chance I get about this... lol

Linux User
    hes got a computer that he cant find the key to enter BIOS setup, its an Award BIOS (homebuilt brand i think i remember) but nothing seems to let him in...

F2, DEL, F8, F10 none of them seem to let him in to disable/enable the onboard sound
    majorwoo

Just Joined!
    I had to let you all know... I finally was able to get into my BIOS (stupid Sony Viao) and I disabled my onboard sound and now RH 8.0 is where I am and loving it. Thanks for all the help everyone. Now if I could just get the commands down to install things... in time it will come.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast