Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hi everyone. First, excuse my english. It is not my native language. I'm a student and I'm working on a comparision between differents distributions of Linux. I'd like to have ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Linux advantages and disadvantages

Hi everyone.
    First, excuse my english. It is not my native language.
    I'm a student and I'm working on a comparision between differents distributions of Linux. I'd like to have feelings of users on differents distros.
    It would be very great if you could give me some URLs and personals impressions about your currents distros.
    In advance , thanks

Linux Enthusiast
    Well I use suse, it has an easy to use installer and is a pretty good distro for beginners and has a good desktop, but it runs to slow on old machines, becuase of its very poweful desktop. For an url try
    www.suse.com

Linux User
    I use Arch, because it's absolutely minimalistic. I can have a base system installed in about 5 minutes, then I install software as I need it. Most configuration is left to the user, so you'll typically know everything that's happening with your system.
    Michael Salivar

Man knows himself insofar as he knows the world, becoming aware of it only in himself, and of himself only within it.
    --Goethe

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    Linux Engineer
    DistroWatch

Edit: More specifically, a good place to start would be the Major Distributions Section.

Linux User
    I use Slackware because it's a very good distro for learning every single detail about Linux. Some users of other distros might say that it is complicated but it is not. You can configure everything manualy if you like. It also runs good on old machines.
    www.slackware.org
    Linux registered user #358842
    Human knowledge belongs to the world.