Find the answer to your Linux question:

View Poll Results: What do you want in next linux?

Voters
1. You may not vote on this poll
  • More apps

0 0%
  • More compatabiltiy with win.

0 0%
  • Changes to *anything*

1 100.00%
i know its a badly phrased question but you might get the idea. what do you want in the next update of your distribution? SuSE Linux 8.2 personal i personly ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Linux Newbie

What do you want?

i know its a badly phrased question but you might get the idea.
    what do you want in the next update of your distribution?

SuSE Linux 8.2 personal
    i personly would want more apps and more compatability with the ntfs filesystem.

(i couldn't think of more ideas for the poll but if there isn't anything named just say it in a post!)

You should added "I'm currently happy with how things are"
    Because thats what I am.. waiting for the 2.6 though

flw
    Linux Engineer
    I would add a option for more user friendly installs and usage for those in fear due to Linux and its terse reputation. So they stay with M$ only out of fear.

I think the more that people that come over from the dark side the better all distro's of Linux will become.
    Dan

\"Keep your friends close and your enemies even closer\" from The Art of War by Sun Tzu\"

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    I'm sort of torn...I'd like to see Linux take over in mainstream desktop usage, but I don't really want to see it "dumbed down" so that anyone can install and use it. That is basically making it windows on a linux kernel with different default filesystems.

I'd rather see people get smarter and realize that they pay out the arse for an inferior OS when all they have to do is read a little and SHAZAAM! they have linux installed.

This may just come from my opinion of the stupidity and laziness of people in general and the fact that people would rather get what's easy for them to use and not try to research...not find out that there's something better, even though they don't have ads everywhere...even though it doesn't install with the click of a mouse...that's what linux is all about, IMHO. If you make it so simple to install that anyone can do it, you take away the individuality and a certain amount of integrity (everyone running default settings, more or less) of the linux system.

There's my USD.02
    "Time is an illusion. Lunchtime, doubly so."
    ~Douglas Adams, The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy

Linux Newbie
    suse linux is almost "windows" easy to install.. three clicks and you could be installed (but i wanted all the extras so i had about 20 clicks )
    i would love to see linux more main streem but think of all the people that already have it.
    i have also heard about microsofts "ace in the hole" wich is called "longhorn" which will intro duce totally 3d inviroments so i don't think linux will have much of a chance too soon but don't get me wrong i would love to see the flag burn and have the rise of the penguin

flw
    Linux Engineer
    3d inviroments
    Except for isolated actual uses it will just be eye candy. There has alway been and will be people that will buy eye candy no matter how bad it could be.
    Dan

\"Keep your friends close and your enemies even closer\" from The Art of War by Sun Tzu\"

Linux User
    Quote Originally Posted by fastlanwan
    There has alway been and will be people that will buy eye candy no matter how bad it could be.
    *cough* Windows XP *cough*
    \"Everything should be made as simple as possible, but not simpler.\"
    Albert Einstein

Linux Newbie
    exactly
    Thanks v much

\"Anything bigger than my ego i want it caught and killed\"- Zaphod Beeblebrox

Multi boot:
    Win xp home, SuSE 8.2 and Slackware 9.1