Find the answer to your Linux question:
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Well you are going to have to use some modern equipment such as cd- drives and maybe a floppy drive and a hard drive and a lot of other things ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Linux Enthusiast

Well you are going to have to use some modern equipment such as cd- drives and maybe a floppy drive and a hard drive and a lot of other things as long as it will fit in the snes

Linux User
    Well, you don't need an optical or floppy drive to install or run Linux, nor do you need a local hard drive if you have a network connection. Of course, you need that hard drive or network interface, so the question is, how do you plan on making that ancient, very proprietary hardware communicate with even an old ISA network interface card?

Maybe, just maybe you could get an NES to boot Linux with busybox if you did some very heavy kernel and compiler hacking. You'd also need to get the host media issue sorted out, which is even less likely. I'm sure it would require a custom motherboard which access' the old hardware, which would have to be manually routed. That would require a bigger chassis, I'm sure, so the whole point is moot.

Uhm... good luck
    It's probably not even possible, even less likely without an MIT education.
    Michael Salivar

Man knows himself insofar as he knows the world, becoming aware of it only in himself, and of himself only within it.
    --Goethe

Linux Enthusiast
    Well I don't have any plans to build one, I don't even have the tools to do it, it is just something that fansinated me when I saw it

Linux Newbie
    Theres probably a version of NetBSD floating around the net that you can run on a NES, or if im wrong in the future maybe.
    Ma homeboy is Jesus himself.

Linux Enthusiast
    Well the screenshot shows windows running

Linux Newbie
    Well duh, it's possible to install a x server onto any system that can handle it.
    Ma homeboy is Jesus himself.

Hmm...................

If anyone wants to make a gaming specific pc I think the best thing would be Morphix. As for the Nes, the components would have to be replaced with smaller computer laptop parts. It's not impossible, just kinda weird that someone would waste their time trying to do it.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2