Find the answer to your Linux question:
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
You can use rainbow crack IIRC its the best to use (i havent really hacked/cracked for a while) and for the location it depends on version of windows so search ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.

You can use rainbow crack IIRC its the best to use (i havent really hacked/cracked for a while) and for the location it depends on version of windows so search google maybe?

Just Joined!

Rulesets

I want to make a ruleset for pass but not sure how to do it...
    its 8 chars long...zt is first always....and the last 6 is lower case letters and numbers...anyone know how to make a ruleset for that?

TokenArt

I feel like people are confusing hashing algorithms with encryption algorithms on this thread. MD5 is a hashing algorithm used to guarantee the integrity of data, not the confidentiality of data. An MD5 hashsum (which is often called a footprint) would have nothing to do with what's actually contained inside of whatever it is run on. The data is freely available. For instance, the ISO images that Linux distributions come on often have MD5 hashsums that come with them, meaning the actual content of the ISO is not what needs to be protected but the authenticity is, meaning the vendor wants you to get what you're expecting to get. The DES (Data Encryption Standard) algorithm is used to ensure the confidentiality of data, meaning it would be very difficult for whomever is curious to find out what was originally inside of the data that is encrypted. If I wanted to send a message to someone confidentially, I would encrypt it using the DES algorithm because I don't want them to see what is contained in the message. If I used the MD5 algorithm, the only thing I would be guaranteeing is that the message originated from me (if the hashsum checked out).

These two processes can often be confused because they produce a similar result, a value that is specific to the data that produced by it but they are, in fact, very different. Hashing and encryption functions both have a similar and important property: that no two values that hash/encrypt to the same value.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2