Find the answer to your Linux question:
If you type "X", switch back to the tty where X server was started from (most likely [CTRL-F1]), press [CTRL-Z], and switch back to the tty which the X server ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Linux Newbie

doing this would freeze up your computer...

If you type "X", switch back to the tty where X server was started from (most likely [CTRL-F1]), press [CTRL-Z], and switch back to the tty which the X server is on (most likely [CTRL-F7]), your computer would freeze up. Is this a bug?

Linux Engineer
    doesn't happen on mine may be a problem, what are you running?
    Operating System: GNU Emacs

Re: doing this would freeze up your computer...

Quote Originally Posted by user222
    If you type "X", switch back to the tty where X server was started from (most likely [CTRL-F1]), press [CTRL-Z], and switch back to the tty which the X server is on (most likely [CTRL-F7]), your computer would freeze up. Is this a bug?
    so dont do that that joke always kills me. my girlfriend still gets annoyed when she says it hurts when i do this(with some movement of a limb) i always reply so dont do that
    Blog
    Registered Linux user 396557

Linux Guru
    Whenever I squirt water on my CPU to cool it down, the computer locks up and smells funny. Is that a bug?

Quote Originally Posted by genesus
    doesn't happen on mine
    Probably because you have X windows start by inittab, instead of running startx from a command line. If you do the latter, the console will be "occupied" by X windows (don't know if you could run it in the background by running "startx &". Since user222 seems like an adventurous guy, maybe we can get him to try it). Consequently, if you shutdown the console "in" which X windows is running, you will pull the rug from under X.
    /IMHO
    //got nothin'
    ///this use to look better