Find the answer to your Linux question:
Can anyone provide information that describes how well LTSP can scale in a WAN enviroment. I know it performs extremely well on a local LAN. I am getting all the ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

LTSP 4.1

Can anyone provide information that describes how well LTSP can scale in a WAN enviroment. I know it performs extremely well on a local LAN. I am getting all the reasons why I should not do this from Microsoft and Citrix fans.

I am sure some of their arguments are valid however I suspect that a great deal of there argumentative statements are purely BS!!!

Are you really thinking this? I have used LTSP on 10MB lan and it was usable but you could see there litle hangups but nothing bad. And now you are going to but it on some dsl connection (only assuming)? I really don't think that it would work or it will be slow as hell

Just Joined!
    Yes; we are actually using it on a 100M Lan and its performance is extremly good. My question had more to do with connecting clients at remote sites over T1 connections back to the Linux Terminal Servers. The clients would be Thin Client devices with the Linux Kernel already in flash-ram so that there would be no need to pull the kernel over the WAN connections.

Clients are basically only using a 3270 emulator to connect to a Mainframe to run a single app.

oke that is totally different thing then