Find the answer to your Linux question:
I'm using KDE 3.4 and am wondering if there's a way to clean up temp files and cookies and such like there is in Windows (Disk Cleanup). I'm sure that ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Cleaning up temp files, cookies, etc?

I'm using KDE 3.4 and am wondering if there's a way to clean up temp files and cookies and such like there is in Windows (Disk Cleanup). I'm sure that I must have a lot of useless stuff lying around now as a result of much installed/removed software and web-browsing.

Thanks!

Linux Engineer
    in your home directory you need to look for hidden folders
    Code:
    ls -a
    will list those, you should see one that is called .kde or .mozilla, for firefox or mozilla, cd into these folders, find the temp files and delete them, just make sure you read up on it a little and don't delete your config files, menus, settings, etc...

there might be a better way in kde, but I don't use kde so I'm not sure

good luck
    Operating System: GNU Emacs

Just Joined!
    Thanks that helped a lot. I found a diretory called /.kde/cache-Linux/http/ that seems to have all the Konqueror cached pages and I just deleted them. Then I found a menu in Konqueror (Settings > Configure Konqueror > Cache > Clear Cache) that does the same thing... Konqueror just has too many menus, if you ask me!

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    Linux Engineer
    I agree, along with kde and gnome!
    Operating System: GNU Emacs