Find the answer to your Linux question:
Does anyone here have one of these? I hesitate to ask if they are worth it, as they are less than $300 for the DT, and sub $600 for the ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Lindare Linux PC's?

Does anyone here have one of these? I hesitate to ask if they are worth it, as they are less than $300 for the DT, and sub $600 for the Laptop...

Anyone know if I can (or should) wipe out Linare and install Mandriva without any problems?

Check them out www.linare.com

I don't know these specific computers and I don't know Linare. But I can say that a midrange pc nowadays costs about that. Compability with existing Intel/Via/SiS chipsets shouldn't be a problem.

I had to buy a new pc last month because my cpu cooler broke down after 5 years 24/7 . I bought a Sempron 2300+ with an Asrock VIA KT400A chipset and 512 MB ddr400 for about 175. Good performance ( I was used to a P3/1000) for a small amount of money. No problems with the Linux kernel and drivers, the onboard LAN and onboard sound are working great.

So if Linare runs on it, Mandrake shouldn't be a problem either, it uses basicly the same Linux kernel and GNU utilities
    I\'m so tired .....